Cauliflower Soup with Crispy shallot and walnut crunch
This cauliflower soup recipe is so beautiful and warming as the weather starts to get quite chilly herein Sydney. Deliciously light and fresh but with a savoury crunch to keep you satisfied. I seem to be craving cauliflower at the moment, this is the second recipe in a few weeks. Make sure to check out this roast cauliflower salad with lemon myrtle, it is delicious!
Very easy and quick to make, it is the perfect mid-week dinner or lunch. I have also tried this with some smoked salmon and the combination is so good.
If you have a dairy free diet, replace the dairy milk with coconut milk and it works really well. I get Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil from Brookfarm and it is do delicious on absolutely everything! Any other flavoured olive oil can work as a substitute though.
Enjoy and as always don’t forget to tag me ion your creations @kadycreative
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1KG Cauliflower, cut into smaller florets
- 3 cups (750ml) milk
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 4 tbsp crispy shallots
- 4 tbsp walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp Lemon Myrtle Flavoured Macadamia Oil
- Sea Salt + Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat
- Add garlic and cook for a minute. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes
- Add the milk and water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender
- Using a hand-stick blender, blend until smooth
- Divide between 4 bowls. Top with a drizzle of the lemon oil and the shallots + walnuts
- I use the Brookfields Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil and it is delicious!
- You can buy crispy shallots in any good supermarket, I usually get the Sydney Sprouts brand.