Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Shallot & Walnut Crunch
This cauliflower soup recipe is so beautiful and warming as the weather starts to get quite chilly herein Sydney. Deliciously light and fresh but with a savoury crunch to keep you satisfied. I seem to be craving cauliflower at the moment, this is the second recipe in a few weeks. Make sure to check out this roast cauliflower salad with lemon myrtle, it is delicious!
Very easy and quick to make, it is the perfect mid-week dinner or lunch. I have also tried this with some smoked salmon and the combination is so good.
If you have a dairy free diet, replace the dairy milk with coconut milk and it works really well. I get Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil from Brookfarm and it is do delicious on absolutely everything! Any other flavoured olive oil can work as a substitute though.
Enjoy and as always don’t forget to tag me ion your creations @kadycreative
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1KG Cauliflower, cut into smaller florets
- 3 cups (750ml) milk
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 4 tbsp crispy shallots
- 4 tbsp walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp Lemon Myrtle Flavoured Macadamia Oil
- Sea Salt + Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat
- Add garlic and cook for a minute. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes
- Add the milk and water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender
- Using a hand-stick blender, blend until smooth
- Divide between 4 bowls. Top with a drizzle of the lemon oil and the shallots + walnuts
- I use the Brookfields Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil and it is delicious!
- You can buy crispy shallots in any good supermarket, I usually get the Sydney Sprouts brand.