These muffins are so delicious and must be healthy if there are carrots in them.. right?! That's what we will tell ourselves anyway 😉
Carrot Cake Muffins
Write a review
- 125 g soft brown sugar
- 125 g Kerrygold butter
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 225 g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ orange juice and zest
- 200 g carrots
- 75 g walnuts , plus extra to sprinkle
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 75g unsalted Kerrygold butter, at room temperature
- 200g cream cheese, cold
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Line your cupcake trays with paper cases.
- Beat the sugar and butter together. Fold in the flour, spices, baking soda and powder. Grate in the orange zest and juice, then add a pinch of sea salt.
- Coarsely grate the carrots and chop the walnuts, then fold into the batter.
- Divide the mixture between 12 to 16 cupcake cases, then bake for about 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together. Add in the cream cheese. Spread over the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with extra chopped walnuts.
Kady Creative https://kadycreative.com/